Fall is nearly here. The hotter weather is on the way out and end-of-season sales will soon be in full swing. The fall months are often when retailers reduce prices to clear out inventory of spring and summer items. Here are a few items typically on sale at this time of the year:
- Spring and Summer clothing
- Winter clothing
- Outdoor furniture
- Lawn mowers
- Barbeque grills
- Summer sporting equipment
- Water sports equipment
- Cycling equipment
If you’ve been considering purchasing some of these items, here are a few steps you can take to help guide your purchases.
- Know your budget. Always know what you can afford BEFORE you go shopping.
- Keep your eyes on the local sale flyers and take some time to look at store websites for sales.
- This is also a great time to shop locally for these items because local, smaller, stores are often more motivated to reduce inventory with the changing seasons.
- Don’t forget fall garage sales as well. People often take the cooler weather as an opportunity to get rid of yard equipment and outdoor furnishings they do not want to store for the winter. There may just be a larger-than-usual supply of slightly-used exercise equipment making its way to the driveway this year as well.
- Stick to the budget. Remember, the holidays are just around the corner!
While you’re at it, you may want to think about having a yard sale of your own, or selling items online. But that’s a future post….
For more information on budgeting household management, please visit www.StepsForToday.com.
And remember to take the next step…