I’d bet most of us had a similar childhood experience; learning not to play board games while sitting on a bed. It’s inevitable. Sooner or later, someone, or perhaps a pet, will come along and upend the entire game. The unplanned upheaval creates such chaos and confusion that the only thing you can do is start over. Readers of this blog know where I am going with this…..
Many of us have experienced a life-event which so completely wrecked our plans and dreams, that all we could do is pick up the pieces and start again. Even in such difficulty, we learn from our experiences. We learn that we can’t really control the risks that accompany life.
But we can have a plan for when life throws us a curve.
After all, we buy auto insurance because we know the risks of driving a car. That’s an obvious example of how to mitigate a risk to our financial, physical, and even mental health. But what about the risks associated with not having a plan for household finances, health emergencies, aging, retirement, and even death itself? There can be significant financial, physical, and mental health risks associated with not planning for a crisis, or even for everyday life.
Often, we just don’t know where to begin.
That’s why I wrote First Steps For Success. It’s a great resource for:
- Creating Emergency Medical Information sheets for your family
- Understanding the need for, and how to create, a budget
- Getting started with long-term financial planning with risk management solutions
- Learning about the different types of assets and how to protect them
- Describing types of property deeds and how to pass them down
- Risk management techniques for everyday living
- Information about commonly available health care plans
- Knowledge regarding wills, trusts, and estate planning
- Building a long-term plan for managing life, health, and finance
- Getting enough knowledge to comfortably get started with financial, tax, legal, and healthcare professionals
Whether you’re just getting started in life, or finally getting around to making real plans for the future, First Steps For Success can get you started in the right direction. Available on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RQZJ2VD.